- CONTACT US
THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Kid's Place Child watch
Mission Valley • Toby Wells
Ages 3 months to 12 years
Free with Family Memberships
Friars Road & Toby Wells locations only.
We'll take care of the kids while you use the facility!
- Ages 3 months to 12 years
- Free with Family Memberships (only children on your membership are free
- $5/hour per child for program participants
- Parents must stay on site
- $1/minute late fee past time limit
- 1-hour time limit on rainy days
- During peak hours a wait list may occur
- Children not accepted 30 minutes before closing
- Bring child in fresh diapers; staff does not change diapers
- Please, no snacks, toys or personal toys. Bottles are allowed.
- Ask about volunteer opportunities
- See Policy Brochure for more information
|M-F||8 a.m. - 2 p.m.||1.5 hr|
|3 p.m. - 8 p.m.||2 hr|
|Sat||8 a.m. - 2 p.m.||1.5|
|Sun||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.||1.5|
|Closed for one hour for cleaning between 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
Child Safety StatementAt the YMCA, we place extreme value on children’s emotional well-being and physical safety. We are rigorous in our employee screening and selection process. Interviews, reference checks, fingerprinting, and our Staff Code of Conduct are all proven-practices to ensure proper staffing.
Once hired, all staff attend a YMCA of the USA Child Abuse Prevention Training Program, and our management staff receive additional training in this area. Additionally, policy disallows any contact
between children and staff outside of YMCA programs or facilities.
We ensure proper staffing and knowledge through YMCA policies and guidelines that include:
- Staff/Child relationships
- Staff recruitment, training and supervision
- Parent’s Rights and Responsibilities
- All YMCA staff are mandated reporters of suspected child abuse and are trained in proper reporting procedures to Child Protective Services.
Mission StatementThe Mission Valley YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Mission Valley YMCA | 5505 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92110 | 619.298.3576 | Corporate Site