THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD
Your Mission Valley YMCA membership includes full use of four facilities: the Mission Valley YMCA on Friars Road, the Hazard Center YMCA, Toby Wells YMCA and Downtown YMCA.
Benefits of Joining Mission Valley YMCA
- Use of Mission Valley, Toby Wells, Hazard Center and Downtown facilities. See locations
- FREE babysitting for family members at Mission Valley and Toby Wells
- FREE fitness consultation and programs to help you get started
- Personal TVs on cardio at all locations. Internet & workout personalization at Mission Valley.
- More than 400 group exercise, mind/body and cycling classes for all levels
- Two indoor and one outdoor swimming pools for lap swim, open swim, aquatic exercise and more
- Basketball courts at Mission Valley and Downtown; gymnastics center at Toby Wells, soccer arenas at Mission Valley and Toby Wells and a skate/bike park in Clairemont (extra fee).
- Teen/tween fitness programs
pricing on specialty programs, including swim lessons, sports leagues,
gymnastics, camp, fitness classes, family programs, dance lessons and
Mission Valley (Friars Road) • Hazard Center • Toby Wells • Downtown (website)
Mission Valley YMCA membership includes full access to four great
facilities: Mission Valley YMCA (Friars Road); The Hazard Center YMCA,
Toby Wells YMCA and Downtown YMCA.
We offer several different types of membership: Adult, Family, Youth, Teen, Young Adult, Senior, Military
|Full Facility Use||Fee|
|Guest of Mission Valley Y member|
Members have an unlimited number of guest passes to distribute to friends and family. Each guest may use a pass two times per calendar year before paying $10 guest fee.
(after two passes)
|Visiting San Diego County Y member |
Visiting SD County members may use two guest passes per calendar year, after which the $10 day-use fee applies
(after two passes)
|Youth Day Pass (17 & under) must have signed waiver on file||$5|
A.W.A.Y. Program: Members visiting from another Y may use a 2-week pass, after which the $10 day-use fee applies
|Open Swim Pass*||Fee|
|Youth (15 & under||$1.50|
|Other Swim Passes||Fee|
|Masters Drop In||$10|
|Water Polo Drop In||$10|
* See monthly pool schedules for availability
See also:AWAY Program for visiting members; Membership Plus! which allows you to join all the Ys in San Diego.
Mission Valley (Friars Road):
|Mon - Fri||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Sat||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Mon - Thu||5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Fri||5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Sat - Sun||7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Mon - Thu||5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Friday||5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
Navigating your way through the many programs and classes we offer at our facilities can be daunting, so we've set up some free consultations and orientations to help you get started.
All new members should consider a Healthy Lifestyle Consultation, offered year-round at all facilities. Learn more.
Introduce your friends and family to the YMCA! As a YMCA member you may bring guests to the Y under the following guidelines:
- Members receive unlimited FREE guest passes. Maximum of 2 visits per free guest.
- Members must accompany their guests, who will check in, present photo I.D., and sign a waiver at the Welcome Center.
- All guests must follow Mission Valley YMCA policies and procedures.
- $10 guest fee applies when visitors are unaccompanied by member or exceed two visits.
The YMCA of San Diego County endorses the nationwide YMCA visiting member program, “AWAY . . . Always Welcome at YMCAs” and welcomes YMCA members outside of San Diego County identified by the “AWAY” printed on their membership card. Visiting “AWAY” members are permitted to use facilities and participate in programs under the same fee structure as our own members are charged.
Membership in a YMCA branch in San Diego County will be recognized in another branch within the County in the following manner:
- Facility - Two free passes, then $10 guest fee applies
- Programs - participate at the member rate (except youth membership).
When visiting outside of San Diego County, please contact that YMCA for their AWAY prices and policies.
Gift certificates for YMCA membership and programs are available for purchase at any time. No value limits. Gift certificates are transferable if necessary. No refunds.
Registration for programs may be done at Friars Road, Hazard Center and Toby Wells facilities. To avoid late fees and to
provide safe student/teacher ratios, advance registration is recommended for all programs. Space is limited. The fee must be paid in full prior to the start of class.