- CONTACT US
THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Infant/Toddler (3-48 mos.)
Skip: Ages 3 - 48 months Babies
start to become comfortable in the water and curious about blowing
bubbles. Songs incorporate gestures that encourage them to scoop. The
emphasis is on correct body position and progressive independent
Ratio: 1:12 See links to sessions below.
Pre-Pikes: Age 2 years Preschoolers
experience their first swim class without a parent. Children are
assigned to classes according to their ability. Mission Valley YMCA swim
instructors teach preschoolers to be comfortable and safe both in and
around the water. See links to sessions below.
You may register online if you are a member or have participated in programs at the facility. You may register in person, or via mail or fax by filling out the youth programs registration form. To speak to the Program Coordinator call 858-496-9622.
- You may register after the registration deadline if there is room in the class, subject to a late fee. Prorated classes due to holidays will be reflected upon registration. $10 late fee applies after the registration date.
- Swim caps required for ages 3 and up.
- Swim diapers required for children 4 years of age and younger.
- No Y-Vouchers will be given unless the course is canceled by the Y.
- If your child is unable to perform the requirements listed for the course of choice, he/she will be placed in another course, if available.
- No make-up courses will be offered.
Lesson packages:Four-week sessions:
M/W or T/Th
Eight lessons; two per week
Four lessons; 1 lesson per week
Register online (see link on program detail page) or fill out a registration form to mail, drop off or fax)
For Swim Academy information, contact the program coordinator: 858-496-9622.
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Copyright © 2010 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
Mission Valley YMCAThe YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Mission Valley YMCA | 5505 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92110 | 619.298.3576 | Corporate Site
View Mobile Site