Infant/Toddler (6-48 mos.)
Skip: Ages 6 - 48 months Babies
start to become comfortable in the water and curious about blowing
bubbles. Songs incorporate gestures that encourage them to scoop. The
emphasis is on correct body position and progressive independent
Ratio: 1:12 See links to sessions below.
Pre-Pikes: Age 2 years Preschoolers
experience their first swim class without a parent. Children are
assigned to classes according to their ability. Mission Valley YMCA swim
instructors teach preschoolers to be comfortable and safe both in and
around the water. See links to sessions below.
You may register online if you are a member or have participated in programs at the facility. You may register in person, or via mail or fax by filling out the youth programs registration form. To speak to the Program Coordinator call 858-496-9622.
may register after the registration deadline if there is room in the
class. Prorated classes due to holidays will be
reflected upon registration.
- Swim diapers required for children 4 years of age and younger
- No refunds will be given unless the course is canceled by the Y
- If your child is unable to perform the requirements listed for the course of choice, he/she will be placed in another course, if available
- No make-up courses will be offered; no exceptions
- Instructors reserve the right to hold one safety day per swim session
Schedule at a Glance
Lesson packages:Weekday four-week sessions:
M/W or T/Th
Eight or 10 lessons; two per week
Saturday or Sunday
Four or five lessons; 1 lesson per week
Two-week sessions: (Summer only)
Monday - Thursday
Register online (see link on program detail page) or fill out a registration form to mail, drop off or fax)
For information, contact the program coordinator: 858-496-9622.